Great FREE Application Tools on DOA Online: Part 2 — University Checklists Feature
Our first post in this series on the free application tools available on online.dilipoakacademy.com was on the University Info feature. This is a great tool that simplifies the admission process for you by making available one website key facts about the top 220 universities — most importantly, the departments and courses available there. One of the other important things that the University Info feature makes available, however, is a standard university checklist.
What are University Checklists and Where Can I Get Them?
The university checklists we are talking about here, are lists of the standard documents required by all universities. Our University Info feature provides the standard checklists for each of the top 220 American universities that it covers. When you select a university from our University Info feature, you can access the standard checklist for the university by clicking the checklist button (see screenshot below — right-click it to enlarge it).
Why is the University Checklist Feature Important?
The reason we have the University Checklist feature is to make sure that you do not forget to send any of the required documents. Sending your documents and application packet before the deadline is crucial for the following reasons:
- Forgetting to send even a single document can cause long and inconvenient delays in your application process.
- You may also end up spending a lot of money to send the additional documents by courier
- In fact, you may even lose out on getting admission to a good college or university.
Premium Checklists Feature
While the standard checklists are great, since they give you a comprehensive idea of what documents are required by universities in general, remember that each university has its own specific requirements. Students who join the admissions counseling at the academy (a paid service of the Academy) can also access our premium checklists. The premium checklists are detailed, university specific lists of documents required for every university that you apply to. They will cover the following:
- whether the university requires one packet or two
- which address the packets should be sent to (graduate school, department or both)
- whether the university requires:
- a bank statement or solvency certificate
- university transcripts, college transcripts or university attested mark sheets
- documents required apart from the usual ones as per the special requirements of the university
We are sure that you will find these tools extremely useful. Please remember that you don’t need to pay anything to use the university info feature or the standard checklists. So, go ahead register and simplify the application process for yourself! Also, remember to share this link with friends who are planning to apply for MS/PhD — it will help them too.
If you have feedback, we would love to hear from you. Please email any comments, suggestions etc. to email@example.com
We wish you every success in your admissions endeavour!